Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

What tax return forms do employers use?

Excerpted from "Social Security Handbook". See the up-to-date, official Social Security Handbook at

1409. What tax return forms do employers use?

Tax return forms used by employers include:

  1. Form W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement);

  2. Form W-2c (Corrected Wage and Tax Statement);

  3. Form 941 (Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return);

  4. Form 1040, Schedule H (Household Employment Taxes);

  5. Form 943 (Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees);

  6. Form 944 (Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return);

  7. Form W-3 (Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statement);

  8. Form W-3C (Transmittal of Corrected Wage and Tax Statement).

An employer who has household employees in addition to employees reported on Form 941 may report both classes of employees on Form 941.

Also employers use Form 941 to report income tax withheld. You can obtain all necessary forms from any IRS office.

Last Revised: Aug. 4, 2006


Recent Content

Good Article on Social Security Benefits for Divorced People

This is a good article which outlines Social Security benefits for divorced people. The article refers to "divorced women", but it also applies to divorced men (especially if the woman had higher earnings).

Excerpt :

The law says a divorced woman, who was married to her ex-husband for a minimum of 10 years, is due essentially the same benefits as a woman who is currently married to her husband.

National Social Security Advisor Certification Available

If you're looking for advice on Social Security benefits, it may be useful to find someone with the "National Social Security Advisor" certification.

Although the NSSA appears to be a privately issued certificate, it seems to convey some level of knowledge about Social Security benefits. Finding a financial advisor with NSSA certification may be something worth exploring.


Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration