Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

$250 stimulus payment

If I receive a Social Security Check and also have taxable wages, will I have to pay the $250.00 back at tax time next year?

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Note the $250 stimulus payment for 2009 is not countable as taxable income. You don't mention what type of benefit you receive (retirement, survivors, SSI). If you receive retirement benefits, work, and are younger than your full-retirement age, your Social Security retirement benefits will be reduced.

This reduction in retirement benefits for working before full-retirement age is standard, and has nothing to do with the stimulus payment.

See here for details :
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10069.html

I received a letter stating that I would receive a $250.00 one time stimulus payment by May 1, 2009, if not received contact you. When can I expect the payment? I am concerned that it may be lost in the mail. Please advise.

SSA plans to pay all eligible Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries by the end May 2009. You don't need to do anything to receive this payment. Social Security does not need to contact you to request information. SSA requests that you not contact them about your payment unless you do not receive it by June 4, 2009.

when should i contact my bank for the payment?

Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration