Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

How to change Representative Payee of benifits to myself

Hi, I would like to change my Representative Payee which is my father and change it to myself. When i was awarded disability 8 years ago i had a history of drug use and i chose to assign a rep payee because i didn't think it would be wise to assign the check to myself at that time. At this time i am free from drugs for 2 years and am capable of handling money as the circumstances have changed.

How do i go about changing my Rep Payee of my father to myself?
Do i have to go before a judge? I there a form? Is it an easy process?

Can someone here explain this to me?

I have documentation from my mental health provider showing my remission of drugs.

Thanks Again


Recent Content

Seven Social Security Myths

1. Social Security will cover my income needs

2. It's better to take Social Security benefits early

3. I'll receive full benefits at 65

4. Once I start benefits, I can’t work anymore

5. I won't pay taxes on Social Security

6. Once I start Social Security, I have to continue receiving it

7. My divorce will reduce my benefits

Sponsored Links


Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration