Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Medicare Resources

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

There are 12 Comments

I would like to know if the Social Security office (where I filed for benefits) is the same place to go for information (face-to-face) about Medicare?

Thank you.

Good day! I wrote to you at the end of June to request the cancellation of my medicare benefits.
I was credited around July 24 of the same amount as before, so I assume that the cancellation has not yet been taken into consideration. It seems to be a big deal getting this done and each month I have to pay for something that I really don't want or need.
Can you please confirm that my request has been received and processed and that I will soon be receiving my full retirement amount.
Thank you.

Is it possible to make an appointment to come to the Social Security office and talk to someone about Medicare. I will turn 65 in February and I would very much like to have some things explained in person, without someone trying to sell something to me.
Thank you,

You can file for Medicare online when you file for retirement or disability. You also can file for just Medicare if you do not wish to start receiving your retirement benefits.

If you do not wish to apply online you can make an appointment by calling 1-800-772-1213. People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call the "TTY" number, 1-800-325-0778, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on business days.

If you are already receiving Social Security benefits, you will automatically be enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. However, because you must pay a premium for Part B coverage, you have the option of turning it down.

Because my spouse still works and we have Blue Cross Blue Shield through her federal employment, we did not opt for Plan B at he time of my retirement. I am now hearing horror stories about exorbitant bills and balances that were not paid by Blue Cross Blue Shield. The question is ,do I need plan B if I am covered my spouses policy.

I'm currently employed as a Federal Employee. When I talked to the Social Security Office and was signing up they indicated that since I was working I did not have to sign up for Medicare Part B until I decided to retire from the Federal Government. That at that time I could sign up for Medicare Part B without penalty. My Federal Insurance Company - BlueCross just told me that I would be paying a penality for not signing up for Medicare Part B whenever I do sign up. Is this correct?

Even if you keep working after you turn 65, you should sign up for Medicare Part A. However, you may want to wait to sign up for Medicare Part B if you or your spouse are working and have group health coverage through you or your spouse's employer or union.

In certain cases, you can delay your Medicare Part B enrollment without having to pay higher premiums. If you didn’t take Medicare Part B when you were first eligible because you or your spouse were working and had group health plan coverage through your or your spouse’s employer or union, you can sign up for Medicare Part B during a Special Enrollment Period.

need a new payee I have called and went in person about my payee and nothing has been done. they know she has it direct deposit in to her account I have bill collectors calling and advised them of this at a loss of what elsee to do

Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration