Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

21. Supplemental Security Income

Excerpted from "Social Security Handbook". See the up-to-date, official Social Security Handbook at

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

There are 9 Comments

please instruct me on how to apply for replacement ssi card which is lost,


There should be a page set up for clients to go in and make changes if need be
I'm trying to change my location of the direct deposit
I have a new account
Can't get through on the phone, while waiting someone comes on asking questions saying hit this button ...just a mess
Why can't things be made simplier were in the 21st century
Automation is not the thing for this type of business

Thank you, Hope things change

Please note that we're independent of the US Social Security Administration. To change your direct deposit account number, the site says :

If you move your account, call Social Security's toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), and a Social Security representative will change your direct deposit information.

I've been trying to get in touch with SSI, I can not get through. Something has to be done about this. I'm desperate for some answers for myself, I can just imagine how other people feel. All of my SDI and Insurance has been canceled. no income at all. What can I do????

My ex-husband receives SSI benefits, but I have heard fromother people that our girls are intitled to a certain amount each month also...Is this true

Just want to know If my boyfriend takes care of me because my disability.He chose to come every other day to take care of me sometimes he goes home late,I actually would like to know If I can marry him even thought he's not working.
I just want to live the little of life God Is giving me with Him.
would my SSI be taken away?

Sad in Brooklyn

Marriage may affect your SSI benefits. Here is an excerpt from this paper :

Benefits for a married couple, both of whom receive SSI and have no other income, amount to 25 percent less than the total they would receive if they were living together but not as husband and wife.

Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration