Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Qualifying for Social Security Benefits

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

There are 14 Comments

I DIDN'T QUALIFY FOR IHSS BECAUSE I FAIL TO SEND THEM (dpss) my last two bank statements. Now they want me to provide that PLUS...a "work letter" from the social security office.
What in the world is that, and what section on the internet will i find that?

Thank you,

Sounds like you're seeking assistance with In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) with the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) in California.

In this case, I'm not sure about the meaning of a "work letter".

If you receive Social Security benefits and are looking for proof of your benefits, you can request a Proof of Income Letter here :

my son recieved social security from his father up until he got his GED, he took a year off and is now attending college in march. Will he qualify again (he is 19, 20 in may) he is attending for 2 years to get his degree. will he qualify untill he graduates?

A friend of mine lost his job and had been receiving unemployment benefits which will run out.
Problem is, he has a serious illness, which he has not been managing due to lack of insurance....and possibly fear of finding out more.

Can he apply for disability as he has no other income and really no chance to pass any physical.

Another option would be Human Services I suppose. Any suggestions?

I am a veteran and receive a 50% disability rating from the VA I have not been able to get a job because if that,. My unemployment is about to run out and I don't know If I apply for SSD will I get less because of my VA benefits?

I could not find a definitive answer, but it appears that Social Security disability benefits are largely independent of VA disability benefits. In other words, receiving VA disability need not necessarily reduce your Social Security disability benefits.

Please contact the SSA directly to verify for your case.

Military service members can receive expedited processing of disability claims from Social Security. Benefits available through Social Security are different than those from the Department of Veterans Affairs and require a separate application.

Yes, you can begin receiving reduced Social Security retirement benefits at age 62.

However, if you retire before your "full retirement age" then you may face a penalty on earnings above the $14,160 annual exempt amount for 2011. If you are younger than full retirement age during all of 2011, the SSA will deduct $1 from your benefits for each $2 you earned above $14,160.

My mother has been ill since I was born she has been recieving Social sec disabilty/and retirement for years...I think she needs to apply for IHSS because I work and she calls on me alot to help her and take her to appointments etc...But it is affecting my work/job. I had the forms sent to her but she is afraid to fill them out because she does not want her corrent benefits affected...Could applying for IHSS affect her SSD/ retirement funds?

Sorry, at this moment I'm not too familiar with In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) which appears to be specific to California.

Let me see if I can find out more about this.

My son has ADHD, serve allergis and sinus , and ashtma. He has been having trouble at school with his behavior lately. THe SSI office said that while he has some limitations he is not as bad off as others. I am currently, unempolyed. Should my son qualify for this program if so how?


Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration