Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Statement

I received my Social Security statement over the weekend and found that my previous employer, which whom I worked for in all of 2009, did not send in or withhold any monies for Social Security for 2009. My statement says 0 for that year. What can I do to have this corrected?

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

To correct your earnings record, the SSA will need to know your name, Social Security number, the year or years that are not correct, and the business name and address of your employer in those years. If they are available, please have your forms W-2 (or tax returns if you are self-employed) for the incorrect years handy when you call or visit us.

If SSA shows no earnings for a year in which you know you worked, please contact SSA even if you don't have your W-2 or tax return. Those records would help us make the correction faster, but we may be able to search our records using the information you can give us about your employer's business name and address.

Call SSA toll-free at 1-800-772-1213. Representatives are available to help you from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every business day. If you prefer, you may take your records to your local Social Security office.

Non-payment of Social Security (FICA) taxes is a serious issue. There are heavy fines levied on employers if they don't pay the proper amount of FICA taxes.

i really need to know if my medicaid benefits will be affected if my ssi is reduced or stoped.i filed a damage claim with my house insurence,because i had water damage to my carpet and my carpet needs to be replaced.can anyone help me sort this out also need to know if this claim will also affect my ssi income.when do i need to report this and when will my benefits start again.thanks so much.

Sounds like you're concerned about the effect of an insurance reimbursement on your SSI and Medicaid benefits.

Please contact SSA directly for confirmation on this.

SSA's documents on this are unclear, but it seems as if a homeowner's insurance reimbursement would not be countable as income. It certainly would not be earned income. It is not listed as unearned income in the list located here :

However, if you come out "ahead" (i.e., more money in your bank account) as a result of this, the additional money in your bank account likely will be counted as a "countable resource". The limit for countable resources is $2,000 for an individual and $3,000 for a couple.

Again, please contact the SSA directly regarding this.

Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration