Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Want to increase Social Security retirement benefits after you've started to receive benefits? Go ahead!

This video shows how to increase your retirement benefits even after you've decided to take payments.

Let's say you took early (reduced) Social Security retirement benefits starting at age 62. Now you want higher benefits. Can you get it? Sure! Just file Form 521 - Request for Withdrawal of Application.

But the catch is you need to pay back all the Social Security benefits you previously received. Still, this amounts to an interest free loan from the government. And the nice thing is, the IRS will refund you any taxes you paid on the Social Security retirement benefits you received.

This short video explains how you can do this.

Content Types: 


Recent Content

Seven Social Security Myths

1. Social Security will cover my income needs

2. It's better to take Social Security benefits early

3. I'll receive full benefits at 65

4. Once I start benefits, I can’t work anymore

5. I won't pay taxes on Social Security

6. Once I start Social Security, I have to continue receiving it

7. My divorce will reduce my benefits


Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration