Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Lost Social Security Card and have No photo id, what now?

My God-daughter lost her social security card (just recently found out, after almost 3 years now) but only has an 'expired' i.d. (non-government) card. Is there any other way for her to obtain a replacement card, asap without i.d.? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Social Security can accept several forms of current photo ID. An acceptable document must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information (date of birth or age), and preferably a recent photograph. For example:

  • U.S. driver's license;
  • State-issued non-driver identification card; or
  • U.S. passport.

If you don't have one of these, you can try to contact the SSA and see what else they might be able to accept.

how about a holmes county id with your social on it

Can u apply for your replacement card with your learner permit??

Need a replcement card and only have a brith certicate

In addition to your birth certificate, you typically need one of the following forms of ID :

  • U.S. driver's license
  • U.S. State-issued non-driver identification card
  • U.S. passport

If you do not have one of these specific documents or you cannot get a replacement for one of them within 10 days, the SSA will ask to see other documents, including:

  • Employee identification card/badge
  • Health insurance card (not a Medicare card) or Medicaid card
  • U.S. military identification
  • U.S. Government identification card
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
  • U.S. Indian Tribal card (Social Security has to approve as an acceptable ID)
  • Certified copy of a medical record
  • School identity card, certified record, or transcript (current year)
  • Life insurance policy

For non-citizens, Social Security will ask to see a current DHS document.

Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration