Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Name change back to maiden

I'm married and a US citizen from Puerto Rico, but in my country is not a tradition to change the last name of the woman. I moved to the US about a month ago and changed my name in the SS card with my husband last name. If I want my maiden name back, can I change it again?? Is going to be the same process? I'm not in plans of divorce, I just want my last name back. It's possible?

Sponsored Links

Recent Content

Common Mistakes About Social Security

A recent poll found about half of respondents made mistakes on the following :

1. Retirement benefits will not be reduced if I claim at age 65 => FALSE. Full retirement age is rising.

2. A spouse can receive Social Security even if they have no earnings history => TRUE

3. If my spouse dies, that will have no effect on my Social Security payment => FALSE

4. Social Security benefits depend only on my earnings history, not when I claim => FALSE

Seven Social Security Myths

1. Social Security will cover my income needs

2. It's better to take Social Security benefits early

3. I'll receive full benefits at 65

4. Once I start benefits, I can’t work anymore

5. I won't pay taxes on Social Security

6. Once I start Social Security, I have to continue receiving it

7. My divorce will reduce my benefits

Sponsored Links


Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration