Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Contacting Social Security

The SSA's website is a valuable resource for information about all of Social Security’s programs. There are a number of things you can do online.

In addition to using their website, you can call them toll-free at 1-800-772-1213. They treat all calls confidentially. They can answer specific questions from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. they can provide information by automated phone service 24 hours a day. You can use their automated response system to tell them a new address or request a replacement Medicare card. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call our TTY number, 1-800-325-0778.

To help ensure you receive accurate and courteous service they have a second Social Security representative monitor some telephone calls.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

There are 12 Comments

I sent off for a replacement SS card for my daughter two months ago, how long should it take to receive it back from SS?

Two months seems excessive. We have reports that others have been told it would take two weeks to get replacement. The SSA states "We will mail your replacement card after we have received your completed application and have verified your documents.".

I would contact the SSA to inquire about your case.

im from michigan,but my mom passed away before she could give me my s.s card??
i just got released from a treatment program in oklahoma..
im having a tuff time trying to locate or get a new card.
i ask for help but there is not enof information on this website.....

I applied for my SSN three weeks ago in ISSO, ASU. I was told that I was supposed to get my card within two weeks, but I have not recieved it yet. I am waiting for it for my payment and cell phone contract. How can I check my status?

my wife just entered the country and is in need of a s.s. card and #. People have told us that we should go apply at one of the offices, but I read online that it is now automatically sent to your mailing address within three weeks. So which is it?

During the time I was being discharged from the hospital & after signing my documents, the lady informed to wait on ordering my son's birthcertificate until I received his SSC. I waited 8 weeks, called the Vital Records & asked about waiting. She said I can order his birthcertificate at any time. When ordering my son's birthcertificate I noticed my mailing address for the City & Zip code were wrong. I tried to call the National number for SS, but it seemed I could not get to an agent. How do I call to change the mailing address to receive my son's SSC? Or would it be best to just visit the office & inform them in person?

Contacting Social Security later in the week usually is a better bet as lines are less busy. Some offices offer local telephone service which may be easier to get through.

how do i get my father's ssn for the funeral home.

Sponsored Links

Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration